How to Apply Guidelines and Application Form
Closing Date: Monday, 25th of February, 2019
Successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified within one month of the application closing date.
The Mason Family Trust was established in 2012 to provide former students of Bendigo Senior Secondary College with support, in the form of bursaries to pursue a career and further study within the traditional Arts:
- Visual Arts
- Dance & Drama
- Stained Glass or Art Glass
The Trust makes available $30,000 per annum which will be used to support a number of applicants. There will be two tiers of bursaries:
- Amounts of up to $4000 for assistance with course fees and requisites
- Amounts over $4000 for assistance with accommodation, course fees and course requirements.
All applicants will be required to present a brief written report to a panel at the end of the year. All applicants will be invited to share their learning with current BSSC students through a school visit or practical demonstration of their work.
The number of bursaries awarded and the final value of the bursaries will be at the discretion of the panel. The provision of a bursary will be conditional upon proof of enrolment in the specified course.
Successful applicants are eligible to reapply in subsequent years. Through the Mason Family Trust, Bendigo TAFE and La Trobe University have been provided with funds to support current students at those institutions.
Students applying for a Mason Family Trust Bursary through Bendigo Senior Secondary College are ineligible if they are in receipt of another Mason Family Trust Bursary.
Applications for a Mason Family Trust Bursary for 2019 are invited from former students of Bendigo Senior Secondary College who:
- Wish to undertake further education and training in the Arts
- Need financial assistance to enable them to complete a traditional Arts course already commenced
- Are not in receipt of another Mason Family Trust Bursary
Applications will be competitively reviewed and applicants will be selected against the following criteria:
- Demonstrated interest and passion in developing a career within the Arts
- Community involvement in the Arts
- Academic merit
- Personal qualities and character
How to Apply
Read the general information carefully and complete the online form below. Attach required supporting material and lodge the application by the due date.
When to Apply
Applications must be received by 4.00pm Monday, 25th of February, 2019. Late applications will not be considered.
Contact Bendigo Senior Secondary College: