To apply for NETschool, applicants must be experiencing significant difficulties with mainstream schooling. This may be due to a variety of factors, for example –
- they may be experiencing ongoing mental or physical health issues.
- they may have barriers to school related to bullying or poor relationships.
- they may be experiencing ongoing family issues / trauma.
- they may have a history of non-attendance, poor transition or trauma.
- they may be expecting a baby or be a young parent.
Applicants must have a supportive adult in their lives who will work with NETschool to consistently assist the young person. This person does not have to be their parent.
Applicants are asked to:
- contact NETschool to arrange an initial interview and tour, scheduled with the NETschool Coordinator, the applicant and their supportive adult.
- following this interview, complete an expression of interest form, found on the website, and submit this to NETschool. Please note that this is not an enrolment form.
- complete an experience session at NETschool in a group situation.
After this process, applications will then be processed by the NETschool coordinator and staff. If the applicant is suitable and a place is available, enrolment can then proceed. Please note that NETschool usually has a waitlist.
Current Bendigo Senior Secondary College students can speak to their Student Coordinator about the possibility of transferring to the NETschool campus.