The college council is the group of people who assist in governing the college and directly influences the quality of education that we provide to our students.
What is a College Council?
All government schools in Victoria have a school (college) council. They are legally formed bodies that are given powers to set the key directions of a school within centrally provided guidelines. In doing this, a school council is able to directly influence the quality of education that the school provides for its students.
The new Council is elected each year in February and they hold their first meeting in March.
What is the role of College Council?
- Establish the broad direction and vision of the college within our community
- Develop and monitor the BSSC strategic plan
- Develop, review and update college policies
- Develop, review and monitor the Student Code of Conduct
- Raise funds for school related purposes
- Approve the annual budget and monitor expenditure
- Report annually to the college community and to DET
- Stimulate interest in the school generally
What is the role of a College Council member?
- Members bring expertise and views to council on behalf of the whole college community.
- Each parent and DET representative is elected for 2 years.
Why be a member of College Council?
- It’s a great way to get involved and have a real say in what the college is doing for its students
- It’s a very good way to help present and future students of the college.
- Dale Pearce – Executive Officer – Principal
- Damien Tangey – President – Parent Member
- Genine Hook – Vice President – Parent Member
- David Hunter – Treasurer – Parent Member
- Lahra Filsell – Parent Member
- Andrea Hall – Parent Member
- Jim Henderson – Parent Member
- Belinda Dennis – Employee Member
- Scott Collier – Employee Member
- Kylie Hand – Employee Member
- Tim White – Employee Member
- Olivia Masters Migliore – Student Member (Year 11)
- Silvana Moreno Vergel – Student Member (Year 12)
- Rob Stephenson – Community Co-opted Member
- Gerard Jose – Community Co-opted Member
- Eliza Turner – Community Co-opted Member
- Eh Paung – Community Co-opted Member
- Meredith Fettling – Observer
- Jo Peterson – Minute Secretary – Observer