The college council is the group of people who assist in governing the college and directly influences the quality of education that we provide to our students.
What is a College Council?
All government schools in Victoria have a school (college) council. They are legally formed bodies that are given powers to set the key directions of a school within centrally provided guidelines. In doing this, a school council is able to directly influence the quality of education that the school provides for its students.
The new Council is elected each year in February and they hold their first meeting in March.
What is the role of College Council?
- Establish the broad direction and vision of the college within our community
- Develop and monitor the BSSC strategic plan
- Develop, review and update college policies
- Develop, review and monitor the Student Code of Conduct
- Raise funds for school related purposes
- Approve the annual budget and monitor expenditure
- Report annually to the college community and to DEECD
- Stimulate interest in the school generally
What is the role of a College Council member?
- Members bring expertise and views to council on behalf of the whole college community.
- Each parent and DEECD representative is elected for 2 years.
Why be a member of College Council?
- It’s a great way to get involved and have a real say in what the college is doing for its students
- It’s a very good way to help present and future students of the college.
Dale Pearce – Executive Officer – Principal
Damien Tangey – President – Community Co-opted Member
Anne Brosnan – Vice President – Community Co-opted Member
Stephen Oliver – Treasurer – Community Co-opted Member
Meredith Fettling – DET Member
Alison Andrea – DET Member
Tim White – DET Member
Niall Mooney – DET Member
Sylvia Phan – Parent Member
Patrick Griffiths – Parent Member
Greg Jacobs – Parent Member
Sally Gebert – Parent Member
Sarah Fitton – Parent Member
Paul Epworth – Parent Member
Eve Gray – Student Member
Courtney Abel – Student Member
Ryan Peterson – Community Co-opted Member
Kylie Hand – Observer
Jo Peterson – Minute Secretary – Observer