The college council is the group of people who assist in governing the college and directly influences the quality of education that we provide to our students.
Timeline for 2017 College Council elections
|Thursday 16 March||Induction of new members|
|Tuesday 21 March||First meeting of new College Council|
What is a College Council?
All government schools in Victoria have a school (college) council. They are legally formed bodies that are given powers to set the key directions of a school within centrally provided guidelines. In doing this, a school council is able to directly influence the quality of education that the school provides for its students.
The new Council is elected each year in February and they hold their first meeting in March.
What is the role of College Council?
- Establish the broad direction and vision of the college within our community
- Develop and monitor the BSSC strategic plan
- Develop, review and update college policies
- Develop, review and monitor the Student Code of Conduct
- Raise funds for school related purposes
- Approve the annual budget and monitor expenditure
- Report annually to the college community and to DEECD
- Stimulate interest in the school generally
What is the role of a College Council member?
- Members bring expertise and views to council on behalf of the whole college community.
- Each parent and DEECD representative is elected for 2 years.
Why be a member of College Council?
- It’s a great way to get involved and have a real say in what the college is doing for its students
- It’s a very good way to help present and future students of the college.
Linda Lyons – Executive Officer – Acting Principal
Phil Peterson – President – Parent Member
Ann-Marie Roberts – Vice President – Parent Member
Meredith Fettling – Treasurer – DET Member
Kendall O’Sullivan – DET Member
Tim White – DET Member
Cara Ryan –Parent Member
Bruce Farnell – Parent Member
Jencie McRobert – Parent Member
Damien Tangey – Parent Member
Skye Kinder – Community Co-opted Member
Bill Peterson – Community Co-opted Member
Ryan Peterson – Community Student Member
Billie Taylor – Community Student Member
Jo Peterson – Minute Secretary