LUNCHTIME MEETING for interested students
Monday 24 February in the Language Centre L5
Departure date approx. Monday 30 November 2020
Return: Wednesday 16 December 2020 or Friday 15 Jan 2021
Length of stay is 20 days/ long stay six weeks.
Maximum 15 students can participate in this trip.
Options A and B both cost $4,000
Option C costs around $2,500 (airfare and travel insurance).
Trip Overview- 20 days
Part 1 – Cultural and historical visits in Switzerland, Austria, Liechtenstein and Germany – 8 to 10 days
Day 1 – Flight to Zurich.
Days 2 and 3 – Zurich, Switzerland – Walking tour of old city of Zurich, visit of Zurich Christmas market, day trip to Luzern and Engelberg/Mount Titlis (Swiss Alps)
Days 4 – Liechtenstein, Vaduz
Days 5- 6 Salzburg, Austria – City walking tour, Fortress, Castle and Cathedral and visit the Saltmines
Days 7 to 9- Munich, Germany – City walking tour, including Third Reich history, visit of Dachau concentration camp memorial, Munich Christmas market and a day tour to the Schloss Neuschwanstein.
Part 2 – Homestay in Stockach (Germany)
Days 9 to 17 (or longer if choosing option B) – Homestay – Students to stay in a German host family and go the local high school.
- Available to both language and non-language students.
- Stay in host family from day 9 to day 17, return to Australia before Christmas with teacher.
- You don’t have to speak the language to manage in a German host family. You will be sent to a family that can speak English.
- Only available to language students. Highly recommended if you are studying VCE German.
- Stay in host family over the Christmas holidays and return as a group (without teacher) mid-January.
- Only available to German language students. Pick up at Zürich airport by host family – homestay only – 7 weeks.