Follow in the footsteps of BSSC’s 2015 Student of the Year, Gabriela Giggins, and apply for the Zonta Club of Bendigo’s Young Women in Public Affairs Award (YWPA) worth $750. Gabriela was the 2015-16 winner of this prestigious international award and Ashley Eadon was named runner-up.
The YWPA Award recognises young women, ages 16-19, who demonstrate superior leadership skills and a commitment to public service and civic causes, and encourages them to continue their participation in public and political life.
The winner for 2016-17 will be selected in October this year, with the award being presented at the Zonta International Women’s Day dinner in March 2017.
Women, ages 16-19 on 1st April 2017, who demonstrate evidence of the following:
- Active commitment to volunteerism.
- Experience in local government, student government, or workplace leadership.
- Volunteer leadership achievements.
- Knowledge of Zonta International and its programs.
- Support for Zonta International’s mission of empowering women worldwide though service and advocacy.
You can find out more about this international program at:
How to apply:
- Complete the application form. See: http://www.zontabendigo.org/scholarships.html
- Submit the application by the due date of Monday 10 October.
- Provide the declaration, verifications and recommendations on the application form.
- Email completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please contact:
Rosalie Lake – Publicity Officer at BSSC. email@example.com M: 0407 200 653
Kathy Wilton – Zonta Club of Bendigo. M:0439 350 492