Upcoming Sports Events
- Tuesday 17 May Cross-country – Sandhurst Division (Bendigo)
- Tuesday 17 May AFL – Premier League v Lilydale (Melbourne)
- Friday 20 May Volleyball – SSV State finals (Melbourne)
- Friday 20 May Orienteering – SSV finals (Melbourne)
- Monday 23 May Hockey, soccer, badminton, table tennis – Loddon Mallee Region finals (Bendigo)
- Tuesday 31 May Cross-country – Loddon Mallee Region finals (St. Arnaud)
- Wednesday 1 June AFL – Premier league v Catholic College Bendigo (QEO, Bendigo)
- Tuesday 14 June Futsal – Victorian Schools Titles (Bendigo)
- Wednesday 15 June AFL – Premier League v Essendon/Keilor (Craigieburn)
- Wednesday 22 June AFL – Premier League v Hallam (Golden Square)
- Thursday 23 June Netball (girls) – Sandhurst Division (Bendigo)
Table tennis – Sandhurst Division
Our boys table tennis team has qualified for the Loddon Mallee Region finals on Monday 23 May after defeating Catholic College Bendigo in the Sandhurst Division competition. The boys won all four singles rubbers and one of the two doubles rubbers. Well done to the team of Dan Fulton, Lleyton Connor, North Ketkaew, Keahnne Harvey, Trent Schatz, and Jordan Baker.
Badminton – Sandhurst Division
Our boys badminton team put up a strong showing against a highly skilled Catholic College Bendigo team in the Sandhurst Division competition. While they were beaten in all four singles matches, and one of the two doubles matches, they were very competitive throughout the day. Well done to the team of Qiyang Jiang, Cheng’En Lin, Bailey Goodwin, and Braydan Torpey.
Our girls badminton team has automatically progressed to the Loddon Mallee Finals on Monday 23 May.
Girls Football – Sandhurst Division
Our girls football team played Catholic College Bendigo in the Sandhurst Division competition. Slippery and windy conditions made it tough for both teams, but the quality of play was still extremely high. CCB kicked with a strong wind in the first half and scored 4.5.29 while keeping our girls scoreless. The BSSC girls battled hard in the second half but couldn’t make up the deficit. Finals scores:
Catholic College Bendigo 5.8.38 defeated Bendigo Senior Secondary College 1.1.7.
Goals: Eden Kurrajong
Best players: Marla Neal, Grace Edlin, Ashlee McLeod, Shaniah Clarke
Boys Netball– Sandhurst Division
Our boys netball team secured a place in the Loddon Mallee Region finals with a comprehensive 40–5 victory over Castlemaine Secondary College. The boys kept their opposition scoreless in the first quarter and gradually increased the margin as the game progressed. In a great team effort, all players made a valuable contribution.
The team was Simon Dundas, Guy Hickman, Mitch Keuken, Tyler McLeod, Sam Milne, Keelan Payne, Lachie Ratcliffe, David Simpson, and Donte Thomas.
School Sport Victoria State Teams
School Sport Victoria enters a representative team in the annual School Sports Australia 10 to 19 Years Boys and Girls Cross Country Championship. For further information, please visit the ‘Team Vic’ Combined Cross-Country Team page at:
School Sport Victoria enters one football (soccer) representative team in the School Sport Australia 19 Years and Under Championship. For further information, please visit the ‘Team Vic’ Football Interstate Team page at: https://www.ssv.vic.edu.au/TeamVic/Pages/Soccer.aspx
Registrations close on Wednesday 25 May.
School Sport Victoria enters one orienteering representative team in the School Sport Australia 19 Years and Under Championship. For further information, please visit the ‘Team Vic’ Orienteering Interstate Team page at: https://www.ssv.vic.edu.au/TeamVic/Pages/Orienteering.aspx
Trials on Friday 20 May.