Dear Students and Parents/Carers
The Department of Education and Training is conducting a ‘vaccination blitz’ for students leading in to the exams. The department has provided separate letters for parents and students which are attached to this Compass message.
Vaccination remains a personal and family choice and you should consult your doctor if you have questions, but you are being strongly encouraged to receive a COVID vaccination.
The ‘vaccination blitz’ provides priority vaccination bookings for Year 12 VCE and VCAL students and Year 11 students doing a VCE Unit 3/4 subject.
Key features of the ‘vaccination blitz’:
- There is a dedicated booking hotline number: 1800 434 144
- Year 12 students can call this number from 8.00am on Monday September 6.
- Year 11 students doing a Unit 3/4 subject can call this number from 8.00am on Wednesday September 8.
- When you book through the hotline you will be able to be vaccinated between September 7 and 17.
- Vaccinations will occur at the Bendigo Health vaccination hub in Mollison Street. The college is not involved in the booking or delivery of vaccines.
- There are plenty of bookings available and there will of course be a rush at 8.00am on Monday. Be patient.
- When booking you will need to provide your name, date of birth and address.
- If you have an existing booking which is after September 17 you will be able to move this forward when booking.
- Students will receive the Pfizer vaccine.
- When you attend your vaccination you need to take some things with you which are listed in the attached letter. You should also take your BSSC ID card which verifies you as a student of the college.
- Vaccination is not mandatory for students to sit the GAT or their exams.
- DET and the Department of Health ran a webinar for students and parents on Friday afternoon to provide information and answer questions. This session is being repeated, please watch the college website and Facebook page for information about how to log in.
Please see further details in the attached letters.
Vaccination Blitz Parent Letter