A very big congratulations to all VCE students who have now finished their exams and to our many VCAL students who have already commenced employment or further training. In order to celebrate these achievements, we are very happy to be welcoming the Class of 2021 to our Graduation Ceremony tomorrow, Friday 19th November.
While we are very pleased to receive the news that restrictions will ease significantly in Victoria from 11.59pm tonight, it is not possible for us to alter the plans (with the exception of the requirement to wear masks inside) for tomorrow’s ceremony, due to the late notice of these changes. We are expecting that Ulumbarra Theatre will be almost at capacity with the number of students who have indicated they are coming, therefore it wouldn’t be possible to open this to parents/carers without the need to go to two ceremonies, which is what we had done prior to COVID restrictions. We are doing our very best to manage the ever-changing restrictions and are confident that the ceremony will be a wonderful celebration for our students.
Please carefully read these reminders:
- To ensure that we can have everybody enter the venue in a timely manner, it is very important that students arrive at their designated time (see BSSC email for details). Late comers will not be able to be seated in alphabetical order and will therefore be presented out of order
- Students are to enter via the Ulumbarra Theatre steps
- Due to the high number of RSVPs we have received, we now anticipate that filming will conclude at approximately 4.00pm, rather than 3.30pm, as previously advertised
- The streaming of the ceremony will be available at 6pm via the college website (bssc.edu.au) – please share this with friends and family members
- A program of the ceremony is attached
Viewers will have the opportunity to send in messages of congratulations that will be shown during the streaming. We encourage family members to use this interactive feature.
If you encounter any difficulties viewing the stream, please see the attached ‘Troubleshooting Guide’.
We are really looking forward to see our students at Ulumbarra Theatre tomorrow.
2021 Graduation Ceremony- Booklet