On Tuesday 13 September BSSC’s Extended Investigation students will present their research findings to an audience at La Trobe University Visual Arts Centre commencing at 6:00 pm.
You are warmly invited to come along and be amazed by the research talents of our students, and help them gain confidence for their final VCAA oral assessment in October.
Light refreshments will be provided at the conclusion of the presentations, and there is no need to RSVP – just turn up on the evening.
In the VCE Extended Investigation subject, students select a topic they are interested in and this forms the focus of their study for the year. The following topics were studied this year:
- How do the perceptions of young women between 16-18 years old in Central Victoria influence their aspiration to pursue a career in the computer gaming industry?
- What factors have contributed to the attitudes three generations of Australians have towards Asian immigrants?
- How do gender role attitudes of students aged 16-25 in regional Victoria, influence their perceptions of male perpetrated sexual violence against women?
- How have community views in a Regional Victorian town towards the tattoo industry been influenced by the recent boom in the popularity of tattoos?
- What are the challenges of interstellar travel and how can they be overcome?
- How supported are the grounds around the need to possess firearms in the U.S for individual protection, opposed to the need for greater gun control?
- What has been the influence of the Contemporary Art Movement on artistic styles of practising artists?
- What influence did the 1960’s, 1970’s and 1980s Australian surfing movement have on the revolutionising of surfboard making?
We look forward to helping our students gain presentation confidence and to hearing explanations of the detailed research conducted.
- What: Extended Investigation presentations
- When: Tuesday 13 September
- Time: Commencing 6.00 pm
- Where: La Trobe Visual Arts Centre-121 View Street Bendigo