From 1 January 2018, the Public Transport Victoria School Student ID and Student Pass application form will only be available online.

The application process and purpose of the ID haven’t changed. You can download the PTV School Student ID and Student Pass application form at

Applications can be processed at metropolitan premium stations, PTV Hubs, staffed V/Line stations and V/Line ticket agents.

PTV does not accept school-issued student ID cards for travel on public transport. This is because many ID cards issued by schools have varying information and no expiry date.

  • PTV is currently assessing the loading on country school buses in the Bendigo region. The college will publish updated information as soon as it becomes available.


Child myki information

A reminder that from 30 January 2017, the child age range changed to 5 to 18 years inclusive.

This means students can use a Child myki until they’re 18, up from 16. If a student has a Concession myki they can continue to use this, it gives the same concession fare as a Child Myki.

When in school uniform, students won’t be asked for proof of age. However, when not in school uniform, 17 and 18 year olds may be asked to show proof of eligibility.

Authorised Officers accept the following as proof of age:

  • PTV School Student ID
  • Driver’s licence
  • Learner permit
  • Proof of Age card (
  • Passport
  • Key Pass (issued by Australia Post)