What we eat influences the way our brain works.
Just as the products that we put into a car affect its performance, so the engine of our thoughts and feelings is designed to work most effectively when good nutritional ‘fuel’ is put into our body.
With exams coming up, it’s a great time to fuel your body to maximise your performance.
Enjoy a wide variety of foods every day from the five food groups and don’t forget to drink plenty of water.
- Vegetables – go for different types and colours
- Fruit– go for different types and colours
- Grain/cereals – wholegrains are best but eat a variety of bread, pasta, oats, quinoa, noodles
- Lean meat/chicken, fish, eggs, legumes, nuts and seeds (great for snacking on)
- Dairy including milk, cheese, yoghurts
We really ARE what we eat.