The very best Year 12 artworks took centre stage on Wednesday evening at the annual Visual Arts Acquisition Exhibition.
An appreciative crowd of parents, students, staff and other art lovers packed the E2 Gallery to experience the outstanding array of work across a wide range of artforms, styles and media, including painting, photography, sculpture, ceramics, art fashion, visual communication design… and more!
The exhibition saw five artworks acquired by BSSC and La Trobe University, with further awards being sponsored by Cavalier, Zart Art, Atalier, Spotlight and Camera House.
A huge thank you to this year’s judges – Kent Wilson and Travis Hodgson from the La Trobe Arts Institute and Susan McMinn, the Founding Director of the Arnold Street Gallery.
The following students received recognition for their work:
- LA Trobe Art Institute Acquisitiion Award: Alyssa Muscat
- Parents and Friends Acquisition Award: Joel Hodge
- Student Council Acquisition Award: Thomas Minchinton
- Honourable mentions: Bridie Lynas, Jess Duffy and Shona Swan
- Margaret Standen Photography Award: Ashleigh Speechley
- CLICK Acquisition: Arthur Holton
- Michaels Photography Award: Indi Wild
- Honourable Mentions: Tensae McLaren, Caleb Betts and Daniel Lowe
- ZART Art Award: Chelsea Lund
- Spotlight Fashion Award: Sarah Johns
- Cavalier Design Award: Vanessa Chng, Madeline Atherton and Arthur Holton
- Atalier Design Award: Ashlyn Serle
- Honourable Mentions: Joel Clarke, Madison Hall and Alyssa Muscat
Congratulations to all the students who exhibited. The judges commented on the extremely high standard of the work and how difficult the judging process was. If you couldn’t be at the exhibition, don’t miss the chance to see the show between now and October 25th.