Congratulations to the successful NETschool classes and individuals who all won prizes with their entries in the Bendigo Agricultural Society show last week. Every NETschool student or class who put in an entry won a prize.
“This is the best success we have had since we started entering the show about five years ago,” coordinator Judy Kidd said.
“We took the entries to the show on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for judging, and the whole group then visited on Friday to see the results.”
Reflecting on their success, Grace Stephenson and Bonny Hain said they were really proud of their achievements – especially that NETschool had won the best secondary school exhibit.
NETschool student and mother of two, Stacey Redwood, said that everyone enjoyed their day out at the Show. “It was great to get out of the house, to see our successful entries, and to take my children to the Show for the day.”
NETschool students won prizes in the following categories:
- Best Exhibit – Secondary School display – First prize
- Wheelbarrow garden – NETschool – Third prize
- Pair of scarecrows boy/girl – Lauren Robert’s class – First prize
Adult over 16 years
- Scarecrow – Dan’s class – First prize
18 years and under
- Decorated cupcakes – Siobhan Dungey – First prize
- Piece of craft or Hobby work – Dylan Nolan – First prize
- Environmental subject – Corrinda Greaves – First prize
16 Years and under
- Packet cake – Tess Griffin – Second prize