Follow in the footsteps of previous BSSC student Emma Lewis who represented Australia at a Peace Summit in Japan, as the winner of a Rotary Youth Leadership Award.
Aspiring youth leaders from BSSC who are 18 or over are encouraged to apply for a fully sponsored week developing their leadership skills courtesy of Rotary District 9800. The 2015 leadership camp will be held from Sunday 29 November until Saturday 5 December at camp Oasis, Mount Evelyn.
Each RYLA candidate is sponsored by a Rotary Club. The sponsoring Rotary Club is also responsible for transporting the participant to and from the camp. This means that it does not cost you anything to participate in the program.
Meet people from different backgrounds, make new friends and hear from inspirational speakers.
This personal development program focuses on yourself, leadership and community.
In Rotary District 9800, RYLA aims to:
- Give young people the chance to come together in a supportive environment to gain a better understanding of their own strengths and the unique qualities and abilities of others.
- Provide an opportunity for young people to develop a network of resources to facilitate their roles and development.
- Facilitate learning about teamwork, communication, motivation and to develop the leadership skills of young people through experiential workshops.
- Create a greater awareness of social issues affecting young people.
- Demonstrate Rotary’s commitment to young people.
“RYLA was such an eye opening experience,” said a past participant. “The friends gained and lessons learnt will stay with me forever. Within 24 hours I knew I was in for a fantastic week.”
Contact Lynne Cooper, Rotary Club of Bendigo Strathdale at: firstname.lastname@example.org or M: 0438 591 063
See more at: www.ryla9800.org.au