Applications to join the City of Greater Bendigo Youth Council for 2022 are now open.
The City of Greater Bendigo Youth Council is an advisory and advocacy committee whose role is to represent the voice of young people aged between 14 and 24 who live, work and/or study in the City of Greater Bendigo.
There are currently several vacancies available for 2022.
To be eligible to be a member of the City of Greater Bendigo Youth Council applicants must:
- Be between the age of 14 and 24 years.
- Live, work and/or study in Greater Bendigo.
- Hold a valid Working with Children Check (volunteer level) if 18 years and older.
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID19 and be able to provide proof of vaccination.
This includes young people from all backgrounds and experiences, living in all areas of Greater Bendigo, who are eager to develop leadership skills, advocate for young people and make a difference in the community.
Applicants are required to provide responses to the following questions in their Expression of Interest:
- Why would you like to be a City of Greater Bendigo Youth Councillor?
- Why do you think you would make a good Youth Councillor? (e.g. what skills, qualities or experience do you have?)
- What do you see as the top issues for young people in Greater Bendigo that could be Youth Council priorities?
Applications close midnight Sunday December 12, 2021. All Expressions of Interest will then be reviewed and short-listed for Interviews.
Interviews are expected to be held between Wednesday 15 December and Friday 17 December 2021.
For further information and to apply please go to: https://www.yobendigo.com.au/city-of-greater-bendigo-youth-council or contact the City’s Youth Team at: YoBendigo@bendigo.vic.gov.au