Sandhurst Division Girls Netball
Our girls netball team went down to CCB in their Sandhurst Division game on Friday morning. The girls started well and were only a goal down at quarter time, but the CCB team were too strong (and tall) over the remaining three quarters to run out 42-24 winners. Great effort from our team of Makayle Dole, Em Gray, Alice Layton, Georgia Lowther, Rachelle Mangan, Danielle Markwell, Kelsey Ralph, Kate Salvador, and Keely Wilson. Thanks also to our umpire, Alycia Abdy.
SSV Cross-Country results
Congratulations to all our competitors who endured cold, wet, and windy conditions at Bundoora in the SSV Cross-Country Finals. Our runners were among the last groups to compete on the day, and by that time the course was badly chopped up with ankle-deep mud in some places. Maddison Hooke finished 22nd and Gabby Rusbridge 32nd in the girls 17-20-year event—an excellent result for both girls in a field of 82 competitors. Maddison was only a minute away from the third place-getter, with Gabby another 19 seconds back. In the boys 17-20-year age group, our five boys in the teams event all ran well, with Anthony Dempster 36th, Reza Azimi 64th, Riley Hillier 65th, Campbell Ireland 68th, and Luke Hartland 79th. The boys narrowly missed a medal in the teams event, finishing fourth overall.
State AFL representatives
Congratulations to Bailey Henderson, Kane Farrell and James Schischka who all represented Vic Country in the National AFL Championships over the past few weeks. Bailey and Kane played in the U/18 team, with James playing in the U/16 team. It was a great experience for the three boys as they had an opportunity to play against some of the elite AFL footballers in the country at some of the best AFL venues (Etihad Stadium, Simonds Stadium, Punt Road Oval, Metricon Stadium).
While their teams had mixed success, all boys acquitted themselves well in their respective teams.
Congratulations to Isaac Buckell on being selected to represent Australia at the Junior World Track Cycling Championships, and the Junior World Mountain Bike Championships. Isaac heads off to Montichiari, Italy for the Track Championships from the 23rd to 27th August, and then to Cairns for the Mountain Bike Championships on the 7th September. He departs on the 7th August to commence his pre-championship training. Best of luck, Isaac.
BSSC Sport Facebook group
A reminder that if you would like to keep up to date with everything that is happening in sport this year, you are welcome to join the BSSC Sport Facebook group. Just follow the link below:
Sports calendar for Term 3
- Thursday 27 July Netball – Loddon Mallee Region finals
- Thursday 27 July Basketball (girls) – Loddon Mallee Region finals
- Wednesday 9 August AFL – Sun Country Cup v Braemar College
- Thursday 10 August Netball (boys and girls) – Netball Victoria Schools Championships
- Thursday 10 August Clay Target Shooting – North East Zone
- Friday 11 August Mountain Bike Orienteering
- Tuesday 15 August Table-tennis (boys) – SSV State Finals
- Wednesday 16 August AFL – Sun Country Cup
- Thursday 17 August Badminton (boys and girls) – SSV State Finals
- Thursday 31 August Road Cycling – Victorian Schools Cycling Championships
- Monday 4 September Netball (boys) – SSV State Finals
- Tuesday 5 September Soccer (boys) – SSV State Finals
- Friday 8 September Netball (girls) – SSV State Finals
- Monday 11 September Lacrosse – Senior Schools Competition
- Tuesday 19 September Basketball (girls) – SSV State Finals